Plugin Creators & Plugin Respondents
POWr is used by plugin creators (people who create POWr plugins) and plugin respondents (people who respond or interact with those plugins).
PRIVACY FOR PLUGIN CREATORS
What information does POWr collect?
When you use POWr, we collect information relating to you and your use of our services from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterward describe what we do with this information.
Information we collect directly from you
- Registration information. You need a POWr account before you can create plugins on POWr. When you register for an account, we collect your username, password and email address. If you choose to register by using a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), please see "Information from third parties" below.
- Billing information. If you make a payment to POWr, we require you to provide your billing details, such as a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder.
- Account settings. You can set various preferences and personal details on pages like your account settings page.
- Plugin data. We store your plugin data. This includes plugin settings (eg colors, fonts, backgrounds) as well as content (eg form questions in a Survey, or work history in a Resume).
- Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you submit a feature request, provide us with a testimonial, or participate in a POWr contest.
Information we collect about you from other sources
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. If you arrive at a POWr website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties. We may collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us.
- Information from page tags. We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
How does POWr use the information we collect?
To provide you with our services.
- This includes providing you with customer support, which requires us to access your information to assist you (such as with plugin design and creation or technical troubleshooting).
- Certain features of our services use the content of your plugin data and your account information in additional ways. Feature descriptions will clearly identify where this is the case. You can avoid the use of your plugin data in this way by simply choosing not to use such features.
- If you choose to link your POWr account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we may use the information you allow us to collect from those third parties to provide you with additional features, services, and personalized content.
To manage our services. We internally use your information, including certain plugin data, for the following limited purposes:
- To monitor and improve our services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for undesirable or abusive activity. For example, we have automated systems that screen content for phishing activities, spam, and fraud.
- To create new services, features or content (public data and metadata only). We may use public plugin data and anonymized plugin metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of a plugin but not its non-public content), to create and provide new services, features or content. For example, we may look at statistics like response rates, question and answer word counts, and the average features of a plugin and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes. When we do this, neither individual plugin creators nor plugin respondents will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- To facilitate account creation and the logon process. If you choose to link your POWr account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate the account creation and login process.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can't opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes (if you opt in). We will only do this if you have given us your express permission to contact you for this purpose. For example, during the account registration process we will ask for your permission to use your information to contact you for promotional purposes. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in them, or changing the relevant setting on your My Account page.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
With whom do we share or disclose your information?
We don't sell your plugin data!
When might we disclose your plugin data to third parties? Only for a limited number of reasons. Mostly commonly, we share your information with our service providers who help us to provide our services to you. We contractually bind these service providers to keep your information confidential and to use it only for the purpose of providing their services to us. For example, we use payment processors who help us to process credit card transactions. By using our services, you authorize POWr to sub-contract in this manner on your behalf.
Rare circumstances include when we need to share information if required by law, or in a corporate restructuring or acquisition context (see below for more details).
We may disclose:
Aggregated information to third parties to improve or promote our services. No individuals can be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote our services.
Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
Your information if there's a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between POWr entities, you expressly consent to POWr transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our services. If required, POWr will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, we may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. (You may later revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.)
What are your rights to your information?
Update your account details. You can update your registration and other account information on your My Account page. Information is updated immediately.
Download/backup your plugin data. We provide the ability to export, share and publish some plugin data in a variety of formats. This allows you to create your own backups or conduct offline data analysis.
Delete your plugin data. Deleting plugin data in the ways described on this page may not permanently delete plugin data immediately. As long as you maintain an account with us, we may retain your deleted data in case you delete something by accident and need to restore it. To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete your data if you request to cancel your account.
Cancel your account. To cancel and delete your account, please contact customer support. Deleting your account will cause all the plugin data in the account to be permanently deleted, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to any other services that require a POWr account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
For how long do we retain your data? We generally retain your data for as long as you have an account with us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on offsite backup media for up to approximately 12 months afterward.
Security, cookies and other important information
Security. We are committed to handling your personal information and data with integrity and care. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions we undertake, there is always a risk that your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the internet.
To make our site easier to use. When you sign into your account, we may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to POWr.
To provide you with personalized content. We may store user preferences, such as your default language, in cookies to personalize the content you see.
- Blogs and Forums. Our website offers publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We’re not responsible for any personal information you choose to submit in these areas of our site. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to fulfill your request and we will let you know why.
- Online Tracking. We currently do not process or comply with any web browser's "do not track" signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our websites or use our services (unless otherwise stated in a service-specific privacy statement).
- Safety of Minors and COPPA. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. "Minors" are individuals under the age of majority in their place of residence (or under 13 in the United States). POWr does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third Parties POWr may allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our web site. These companies may utilize cookies, pixels or other technologies to collect and use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over). Our partners may link the personal information we share with them to the cookie stored on your browser or device, and they may collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or inferred-interest information. Our partners use this information to recognize you across different channels and platforms over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. To learn more about behavioral advertising practices or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info, the Networking Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, the Digitial Advertising Alliance at http://youradchoices.com, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu .
- English version controls. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative.
Additional information for European Union users
- "Personal data". For users located in the EU, references to "personal information" in this policy are equivalent to what is commonly referred to as "personal data" in the EU.
- Our servers are based in the United States, so your personal data will be primarily processed by us in the United States.
- You consent to us sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services.
Additional information for Japanese users